Program Structure: B.Com
The Bachelors Program in Commerce enables the students to acquaint with the knowledge of accounting, basic principles of management, human resource management, Business environment, entrepreneurship, tax and supported by electives in the area of finance, marketing and HR. The program targets to those who wish are eager to acquire the knowledge to compete in the globally recognized commerce, trade and Industry.
- To cater to the manpower needs of companies in Accounting, Taxation, Auditing, Financial analysis and Management.
- To develop business analysts for companies, capital markets and commodity markets.
- To prepare students to take up higher education to become business scientists, researchers consultants and teachers, with core competencies.
- To develop human resources to act as think tank for Business Development related issues.
- To develop entrepreneurs.
- To develop business philosophers with a focus on social responsibility and ecological sustainability.
- To develop IT enabled global middle level managers for solving real life business problems and addressing business development issues with a passion for quality competency and holistic approach.
- To develop ethical managers with interdisciplinary approach.
- To prepare students for professions in the field of Accountancy – Chartered Accountancy, Cost and Management Accountancy, Company Secretary, Professions in Capital and Commodity Markets, Professions in life and non life insurance and professions in Banks by passing the respective examinations of the respective professional bodies.
- Also to develop the students for competitive examinations of UPSC, KPSC, BSRB, Staff Selection Commission, etc.
Available Job opportunities
Entry level Executives in various MNCs in different fields like Banking, Insurance, Marketing, Sales, advertising, Stock trading and basic area of finance accounting.
PUC or +2 from a recognized board
B.Com degree extends over a period of six semesters in three academic years.
|Lang-Additional English /Kannada/ Hindi||4||70||30||2|
|Indian Finance System||4||70||30||2|
|Marketing and Service Management||4||70||30||2|
Methods & Techniques for Business Decisions
|CC & EC *||50||1|
|Lang-Additional English/ Kannada /Hindi||4||70||30||2|
|Advanced Financial Accounting||4||70||30||2|
|Banking Law and Operations||4||70||30||2|
|Quantitative Analysis for Business Decision||4||70||30||2|
|CC & EC *||50||1|
ii)Soft Skills for Business
|Banking Law and Operations||4||100|
|QABD – II||4||100|
ii) Corporate Communication
|Advanced Corporate Accounting||4||100|
|E-Business and Accounting||4||100|
|Stock and Commodity Markets||4||100|
|Computer Application in Business||4||100|
|Banking Regulations & Operations||4||100|
ii)Advertising & Media Management
|Human resource Electives
i)Employee welfare & social security
i)Advanced Financial Management
ii)Financial Markets & Services
|Principles and Practice of Auditing||4||100|
|Income Tax –II||4||100|
|Elective Paper –I||4||100|
|Elective Paper –II||4||100|